Watersports Retail Assistants
We are currently looking for passionate, self-motivated individuals with the right attitude, and flexibility to work at our Store in Bowness-on-Windermere.
- Delivering to the highest retail merchandising skills
- Stock replenishment to ensure a full range is delivered to the customer
- Display strong communication and interpersonal skills
Windermere Canoe & Kayak is the market leader in Lake District for the provision of Paddlesports equipment, an achievement we are extremely proud of, but it doesn’t end there. We are an entrepreneurial business and constantly seek out new opportunities in new markets, so you will be joining a business that is driven and energetic who can offer stability and a thriving work environment. We are looking for candidates on both a full and part time basis.
What will I be doing?
- Welcome customers, understanding what they need and advising them of the right products for their needs
- Assist with deliveries, maintain the stock and process customer orders
- Accurately action all checks in line with the schedule set by your manager
What are we looking for?
To be successful in these roles it’s not really rocket science, we just need people with a natural ability to:-
- Engage with customers; someone who genuinely wants to help and offer customers solutions
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude and an energy to improve things
- Adaptable and flexible, someone who can respond to changes positively
- A passion and knowledge of the Paddlesports industry will be extremely helpful, so you can talk knowledgeably to our customers in the store and on phone
What can I expect?
A busy, fun, worthwhile, well rewarded seasonal working experience at an inspiring location on England's biggest lake.
We recognise that people are our biggest asset and we aim to offer a supportive work environment in which all people can thrive. You will have a line manager from day 1 to help you set clear objectives and develop your skill set.
We look after you too, as an employee you will receive a good range of benefits which includes:-
- Huge discounts on our full range of products
- Alternate 4 day working weeks
- Use of the products in your ‘downtime’ (who doesn’t want to paddle on Windermere??)
So, if you’re a bit of a paddler/biker and enjoy helping people, we want to hear from you.
This Role will start in April 2024 running through until the end of September possibly longer.
Average 45 hour week
Salary - £25,300 (pro-rata) depending on age and experience
Email email@example.com with up to date relevant CV and personal covering letter.