Please take a minute to read the information below to ensure you make the most of your time out on the lake.
- Hire includes all the equipment you will need. Wetsuits can be hired on the day for £5 each.
- There must be at least one group member over the age of 18 out on the water with you
- Proof of ID is required (unless you have booked on-line)
- If you decide to cancel, we require 48 hours notice to offer a full refund, if a cancelation happens within 48 hours of the activity date we are not able to offer any refund sorry, however we may be able to reschedule your booking if there is availability. If we cannot find an alternative date then there will be no refund.
- Please note: unfortunately we cannot facilitate multiple customers taking turns in hire crafts. Please ensure each person has their own either single or double kayak/SUP to avoid disappointment.
What Is Included in the Hire:
- Boat, paddle, buoyancy aid & backrest
- A dry bag, if requested
- A brief instruction before hire
- Wetsuits can be hired for £5 with boat hire.
Recommendations of What to Bring:
Please bring along any clothing and footwear you do not mind getting wet. We do not allow any denim or suede to be worn out on the water. It is recommended you bring a full change of clothing (just in case you go for a dip!) If the weather is looking cooler extra fleeces and waterproofs are advisable, bring suncream, hat and a bottle of water (no single plastics please!) if the weather is looking warm.
Is there anything else I need to bring?
We require some form of ID, so please bring with you a drivers licence or passport.
Obviously, being surrounded by mountains and being situated in the UK we have our fair share of bad weather. Every now and again the wind picks up to an unpleasant level and we have to cancel hire for the day. If you are unsure about the weather, please ring us before journeying to avoid disappointment. We are happy to allow experienced paddlers out in most conditions – just speak to our staff.
Where to Go
- Essentially you have the freedom of the whole lake – time permitting!
- Our staff will happily point you to the best and most scenic locations
How do I book a boat or bike to hire?
Please book on-line to guarantee your booking, for more information or queries send us an email at email@example.com
Can I just turn up on the day to hire?
Yes, you can turn up without pre-booking, but during the summer holiday period we cannot guarantee availability. We recommend booking during this period to avoid disappointment.
Is there an age limit?
We do require all under 18s to be accompanied by an over 18 at all times if hiring water craft. We do not have a minimum age for kayaks (Paddleboards minimum 12 years) but we do require everybody to wear well fitted safety equipment. If you are unsure please contact us before booking.
I'm looking to buy a canoe / kayak. Can I try a boat out before I buy?
For try before you buy information please click here
Do you deliver hire craft on the lake?
Yes! We can deliver hire water craft to holiday homes on the lake. First craft £20 + £10 for every craft after - please phone or email us to book!