Paddlesports and Bike Hire Assistants
We are currently looking for passionate, self-motivated individuals with the right attitude, and flexibility to work at our hire centres in Bowness-on-Windermere, and Ambleside.
- Delivering world class, paddlesports & biking customer experiences
- Keeping our premium kit in top notch condition
- Display strong communication and interpersonal skills
Windermere Canoe & Kayak is the market leader in the Lake District for the provision of Paddlesports and cycle hire experiences, an achievement we are extremely proud of, but it doesn’t end there. We are an ambitious and dynamic adventure provision business, so you will be joining a team that is driven and energetic working in a stable, thriving environment. We are looking for candidates on both a full and part time basis.
What will I be doing?
- Welcoming our customers, understanding what they need and briefing them accordingly
- Providing suitable hire equipment, PPE and clothing to customers ensuring each individual customer is safe and comfortable during their experiences with us
- Accurately action all safety and customer experience checks and processes in line with the schedule set by your manager
What are we looking for?
To be successful in these roles it’s not really rocket science, we just need people with a natural ability to:-
- Engage with customers; someone who genuinely wants to help and offer customers the best experiences
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude and an energy to improve things
- Adaptable and flexible, someone who can respond to changes positively
- A passion and knowledge of the Paddlesports and/or Cycling industry will be extremely helpful, so you can talk knowledgeably to our customers
What can I expect?
A busy, fun, worthwhile, well rewarded seasonal working experience at an inspiring location on England's biggest lake.
We recognise that people are our biggest asset and we aim to offer a supportive work environment in which all people can thrive. You will have a line manager from day 1 to help you set clear objectives and develop your skill set.
We look after you too, as an employee you will receive a good range of benefits which includes:-
- Huge discounts on our full range of products
- Alternate 4 day working weeks
- Use of the products in your ‘downtime’ (who doesn’t want to paddle on Windermere??)
So, if you’re a bit of a paddler/biker and enjoy helping people, we want to hear from you.
This Role will start in April 2024 running through until the end of September possibly longer.
Average 45 hour week
Salary - £25,300 (pro-rata) depending on age and experience
Email email@example.com with up to date relevant CV and personal covering letter.