COVID 19 STATEMENT - WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT WE ARE ABLE TO HIRE WATER CRAFT AGAIN. PLEASE NOTE THAT TO MEET THE CONDITIONS SET BY THE GOVERNMENT AND LOCAL COUNCIL WE STILL NEED MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING. OUR MAXIMUM GROUP SIZE THAT WE CAN PROCESS AT ONCE IS 6 PERSONS AND MUST BE FROM THE SAME HOUSEHOLD/FAMILY - PLEASE DO NOT BOOK FOR ANY MORE THAN THIS. ALSO TO MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING ON THE PREMISES YOU MAY EXPERIENCE A SHORT DELAY GETTING YOU ONTO THE WATER - YOUR ALLOCATED TIME WILL START FROM WHEN YOU GET ON THE WATER. OUR CHANGING ROOMS WILL BE CLOSED SO PLEASE COME READY TO GO ONTO THE WATER. PLEASE BEAR WITH US AS WE ADJUST OURSELVES TO THIS NEW WAY OF WORKING AND WE WILL BE DOING OUR BEST TO PROCESS YOUR BOOKINGS AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. MANY THANKS
Hire Sit on Top Kayaks and Stand Up Paddleboards from our "shack" located next to the Ambleside YHA. Right on the shore of Lake Windermere, it is the perfect location to explore the Northern basin.
Open School Holidays and selected dates. Please phone for more information.
Available to hire at Ambleside:
Hire is available between 9:30am - 4:30pm during summer holidays and selected dates.
Please book in advance (up until midnight the day before) to avoid disappointment.
There is a cafe at the YHA ready to provide you with cake and tea after a journey on the water.
Please take a minute to read the information below to ensure you make the most of your time out on the lake.
- Hire includes all the equipment you will need. Wetsuits can be hired on the day for £5 each.
- There must be at least one group member over the age of 18 out on the water with you
- Proof of ID is required (unless you have booked on-line)
- If you decide to cancel, we require 48 hours notice to offer a full refund, if a cancelation happens within 48 hours of the activity date we are not able to offer any refund sorry, however we may be able to reschedule your booking if there is availability. If we cannot find an alternative date then there will be no refund.
- Please note: unfortunately we cannot facilitate multiple customers taking turns in hire crafts. Please ensure each person has their own either single or double kayak/SUP to avoid disappointment.