Watersports Hire Manager
We are currently looking for a passionate, self-motivated individual with the right attitude, and flexibility to work at our hire venues in Bowness on Windermere and also at Ambleside.
- First and foremost - safe operation of the day to day hire of watercraft
- Display strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with a wide range and diverse customers
- Manage bookings and communications with customers
- Lead a small team
Windermere Canoe & Kayak is the market leader in Lake District for the provision of Paddlesports equipment, an achievement we are extremely proud of, but it doesn’t end there. We are an entrepreneurial business and constantly seek out new opportunities in new markets, so you will be joining a business that is driven and energetic who can offer stability and a thriving work environment. We are looking for candidates on both a full and part time basis.
What will I be doing?
- Welcome customers, understanding what they need and advising them of the right products for their needs for the water
- Monitor the safety of the clients on the water and respond accordingly
- Accurately action all checks in line with the schedule set by your manager
What are we looking for?
To be successful in these roles it’s not really rocket science, we just need people with a natural ability to:-
- Engage with customers; someone who genuinely wants to help and offer customers solutions
- Watersports qualifications in paddlesports
- Previous experience of working in a hire centre
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude and an energy to improve things
- Ability to lead and empower a small team
- Adaptable and flexible, someone who can respond to changes positively
- A passion and knowledge of the Paddlesports industry will be extremely helpful, so you can talk knowledgeably to our customers
What can I expect?
We recognise that people are our biggest asset and we aim to offer a supportive work environment in which all people can thrive. You will have a line manager from day 1 to help you set clear objectives and develop your skill set.
We look after you too, as an employee you will receive a good range of benefits which includes:-
- Huge discounts on our full range of products
- Use of the products in your ‘downtime’ (who doesn’t want to paddle on Windermere??)
- Seasonal bonus
So, if you’re a bit of a paddler and enjoy retail, or even if you’re not but want to work for a market leader who sell quality products, we want to hear from you.
Role will start running from March 2022 through till the end of Sept possibly longer.
Average 45 hour week
Salary - £21,060 -£24,700 (pro-rata) depending on age and experience and Qualifications
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with up to date relevant CV and personal covering letter please.
DO NOT REPLY VIA FACEBOOK.