Canoe and Kayak Hire From Bowness
Explore the islands, stop off and have a picnic or maybe take a dip.... What better way to see the lake?
Choose your boat
Choose the type of canoe / kayak you would like to hire and how long for.
- Most people take a sit-on-top kayak as these are perfect for exploring, very stable and easy to use - you won't need any previous experience.
- 3 hours is usually plenty of time to seek out the best locations and find a number of explorable islands.
Summer holidays are our busiest time so it is advisable to book in advance.
How to find us
Our boathouse is at Ferry Nab, Bowness-On-Windermere LA23 3JH click here for directions.
Please take a minute to read the information below to ensure you make the most of your time out on the lake.
- Hire includes all the equipment you will need. Wetsuits can be hired on the day for £3 each.
- There must be at least one group member over the age of 18 out on the water with you
- We reserve boats up to 1 hour after your reservation time, unfortunately after this time we will need to cancel your reservation (unless you contact us to inform of late arrival etc.)
- Proof of ID is required (unless you have booked on-line)
- If you do decide to cancel, we require 48 hours notice to offer a full refund, otherwise we are happy to reschedule.
Canoe and Kayak Hire Prices
|3 Hours||Full Day||Book|
|Single Sit-on-top Kayak||£22||£33||Book Now|
|Tandem Sit-on-top Kayak||£25||£40||Book Now|
|Premium Boats (Experienced Users)||£35||£45||Book Now|
What Is Included in the Hire:
- Boat, paddle and buoyancy aid
- A dry bag, if requested
- A brief instruction before hire
- Wetsuits can be hired for £3 with boat hire
Recommendations of What to Bring:
- Clothing and footwear which can get wet (no jeans or denim allowed - you'll just get cold!)
- Hot weather - suncream and a bottle of water
- Cold weather - warm clothing, a change of clothes and extra snacks
- If you own a waterproof jacket and trousers then bring those too
Obviously, being surrounded by mountains and being situated in the UK we have our fair share of bad weather. Every now and again the wind picks up to an unpleasant level and we have to cancel hire for the day. Please ring before journeying if you are uncertain. We are happy allow experienced paddlers out in most conditions – just speak to our staff.
Pedal and Paddle Discount
- Book Pedal (bike hire) and paddle together for a special discount (prices below)
- Ideal for spending half day on the lake and half day in the saddle
- Call 015394 43151 to book (on-line booking is not yet available for this option)
|Option 1||1 Bike + 1 Single Sit-On-Top Kayak||£35|
|Option 2||2 Bikes + 1 Tandem Sit-On-Top Kayak||£55|
|Option 3||2 Bikes + 1 Canoe*||£55|
|Option 4||1 Bike + Premium Boat*||£55|