Canoe and Kayak Hire
Welcome to Windermere Canoe and Kayak's hire bookings and information. Please take a minute to read the information below to ensure you make the most of your time out on the lake.
We reserve boats up to 1 hour after your reservation time, unfortunately after this time we will need to cancel your reservation (unless you contact us to inform of late arrival etc.)
Please note there must be at least one group member over the age of 18 out on the water with you.
The summer holidays is our busiest time so it is advisable to reserve boats in advance.
Proof of ID is required.
Canoe and Kayak Hire Prices
|3 Hours||Full Day|
|Single Sit-on-top Kayak||£22||£33|
|Tandem Sit-on-top Kayak||£25||£40|
|Premium Boats (Experienced Users)||£35||£45|
What Is Included in the Hire:
- Boat, paddle and buoyancy aid
- A dry bag, if requested
- A brief instruction before hire
- Wetsuits can be hired for £3 with boat hire.
Recommendations of What to Bring:
- Clothing and footwear which can get wet (no jeans or denim allowed - you'll just get cold!)
- Hot weather - suncream and a bottle of water
- Cold weather - warm clothing, a change of clothes and extra snacks
- It is advisable to bring a mobile phone with you in case of emergencies
- If you own a waterproof jacket and trousers then bring those too
Obviously, being surrounded by mountains and being situated in the UK we have our fair share of bad weather. Every now and again the wind picks up to an unpleasant level and we have to cancel hire for the day. Please ring before journeying to us to our base to avoid disappointment. We are happy allow experienced paddlers out in most conditions – just speak to our staff.
Where to Go
- Full details of all locations will be given to you before leaving the boathouse and getting on the water.
- A stones throw from the popular tourist haven of Bowness-on-Windermere; Windermere Canoe Kayak is perfectly situated with direct access to the lake.
- The full and half day rates make the most of our location, allowing full exploration of the beautiful islands surrounding Belle Isle.
- Essentially you have the freedom of the whole lake – time permitting!
Pedal and Paddle
Why not try our pedal (bike hire) and paddle offers? Spend half the day on the hills and trails and half on the lake!
Online booking is not available for this option so please give us a call to make a booking.
|Option 1||1 Bike + 1 Single Sit-On-Top Kayak||£32|
|Option 2||2 Bikes + 1 Tandem Sit-On-Top Kayak||£50 (£25 Each)|
|Option 3||2 Bikes + 1 Canoe||£50 (£25 Each)|
|Option 4||1 Bike + Premium Boat*||£50|
*For experienced users